Monday, January 28, 2008

Sri Petaling Proton Edar another bad experience

Previously I had wrote about the bad experience at Sri Petaling Proton Edar when Proton Persona was launched. Today I again went to take a look at the new Proton Saga, it make me feels that basically all the salesman at this Proton Edar branch are arrogant !

Here is how it started, I sat into the car and take a feel of its interior, and then a salesman, called T, in his mid 40's approached me :

T: Hey boss, what model are you interested in? Auto or Manual?

Me: Oh, I am just looking...

T: If just want to look don't want to buy then no need to look la, just waste your time only, go do business la, earn more money.

I laugh at the salesman, then I straight away walk out and swear that I will never come back to this place. It was so funny that to see a salesman trying to piss his customer off in just 5 seconds. Is there any wrong just for looking at this car ? He don't like his boss for not paying him bonus and trying to revenge by turning customers away ?

I was so shocked at what he mentioned, is this how a salesman should treat their potential customer? Last time when Proton dominated the market due to tax protection, this was the story you will frequently heard, " take it or leave it " from arrogant salesman. Now, probably due to good sales on this new model they became arrogant again. Who can provide me the direct line to the Proton's CEO ? I am thinking of calling him ! This kind of arrogant salesman are just tarnishing the already bad image of Proton.

Personally I think Proton had done a great job under the new management, this Saga is just worth considering for those lower income group and the quality was acceptable for price at 30-40k, but if this is how their salesman going to treat their customer, then I hope you can just close shop in future, you have made all Malaysians to suffer for more than 20 years to pay so much for a car and now it is time for us to get a better car at cheaper price.

2 comments:

greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
greg said...

I think you were really unlucky. I've had really polite and helpful staff who really went out of their way to assist me- both in sales dept and service.