Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Gigabyte GM-R03 Laser Mouse

My old Logitech optical mouse which comes together with the ASUS laptop I purchased 3 years and 5 months ago had served me well until recently the right click button wasn't as sensitive as before anymore. Seldom I need to press hard to make it works and this is not desirable in an intense DoTA gaming, so I decided to get a new mouse. Bought a Cliptech optical mouse for RM 10 at last year December PC Fair in Penang, but after a month, the left click button becomes too sensitive, always double click when I just press once. Cheap thing doesn't comes good, which is true...


So this time I decide to spent more to get a better mouse. After doing much research on the web, finally I found this - Gigabyte GM-R03 Laser Mouse. It is available in 3 colours - dark blue, silver and red. The real thing isn't as shinny as what was shown on their official website.


The mouse was packaged in a nice looking shinning box though, I bought it for RM 50, got RM 5 discount from a nice Chinese sales assistant at Sri Computer, Lowyat. 3 months warranty from the shop and 2 years from Gigabyte, worth it la considering much of the mouse are only with 1 year warranty, moreover this is a gaming mouse with :

  • Precision laser technology providing best-in-class performance and tracking
  • 1600 dpi resolution for accurate motion
  • 6 programmable buttons, one for office function

  • The mouse is big, about 13 cm in length, 8 cm witdth, and 5 cm in maximum thickness. Felt comfortable in my big hand. This mouse is very sensitive. The cursor moves right across my 1024px screen with just 1-1.5 cm of mouse movement.

    With other gaming mouse such as Logitech MX 518 and Razer Krait costing RM 100 and above, well this is a value buy, why pay so much for a mouse by the way?

    No comments: