Sunday, December 23, 2007

Hospital Attachment

From Titiwangsa LRT station, next passed by a bus station, car park and a smelly big dustbin beside a small lorong and then comes to a busy two way street where u need to choose either use the bridge or risk being caught by traffic police because of using the shortcut and kena saman RM500, u will come to Hospital Kuala Lumpur (HKL), the busiest hospital in KL, everyday when I passed by the outpatient pharmacy I can see a huge crowd waiting for their medication. I believe I have been to HKL for not less than 3 times, may be I need to consider myself lucky as I don't need to travel by car everyday to outstation, but waking up at 6-7am everyday is just very tiring...

The first week in Oncology ward let me realised that my clinical knowledge had became rusty after doing research for the last whole semester. How am I supposed to remember the drug regimen (e.g. CMF, FAC, VAF, FOLFOX, FOLFIRI etc) for so many types of cancer ? Anyway our preceptor is a helpful pharmacist, Cik Kamalrun was able to answer to our doubts rather than asking "what do u think ? go find out yourself " which makes our life easier.

It may be unbelievable for a pharmacist student never seeing a real packed cell. What is a packed cell ? Cell packed together in a bag ? Hmm... quite correct, actually it is a bloody red bag for blood transfusion. Looks like Ribena in a new packaging, to blood hunter may be...

Interesting drug in which a patient can kept until year 2090!

Athough clerking case is tiring and reading those doctor's handwriting is just a torture to your imagination and brain power, but I will be motivated to clerk case if next year pharmacist and doctor pay will increase again, hope that is true hahaha...

No comments: