Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Titi Kerawang

Nowadays it is so hard to find a waterfall in Penang, and it is even harder to find a waterfall with clean water for you to swim and enjoy the water falling down onto you giving you free massage. The waterfall at Botanical Garden no longer allow visitors to enter since about 10 years ago, and I have been looking for another waterfall since then.

Last Saturday I planned to pay a visit to Tropical Fruit Farm, but the admission fee really scares me away. It's RM 25 which includes a person to guide you around and a glass of fruit juice. Student price is only available if you come together as a group. I decided to take out my PDA and search MapKing if there was any other interesting place to go, and then I found out Titi Kerawang Waterfall, which is just a few minutes drive away from Tropical Fruit Farm.



The map to Titi Kerawang, after Teluk Bahang Dam, the two-way road is just like the size of a goat's intestine where you need to drive at a speed of less than 40 kph if you don't want to fall off from the mountain, unless you are driving a car with superb handling like Mini Cooper or Suzuki Swift Sport. Along the road you can find a lot of durian stals, but I don't know whether the price is cheaper than other places.

One of the many durian stalls

You know you have arrived when you see plenty of stalls selling fruits and those typical tourist souvenirs

This is what I meant by goat's intestine road.

This will happen when the road is so small. I can't believe the bus driver managed to maneuver at this kind of road, really need a lot of experience and patience.

The entrance to Titi Kerawang Waterfall

1 minute walk into the waterfall. See the large waterpipe ? It is one of the water supply source for Penangites.

Lower end

You need to climb over a few rocks to reach the upper end of the waterfall. It is not as nice as the Seven Wells Waterfall at Langkawi, but I am happy to find a waterfall with clean water.

A nice place to espace from the heat, especially it is free for all !

Teluk Bahang Dam, 2 weeks ago there was International Dragon Boat Competition, too bad I missed it. However, there were polices from various state competing on last Saturday.

My next stop is Penang Butterfly Farm which I can't remember when was the last time I went there. More details and photos will be posted later.

No comments: